Jackson Prep Junior High (grades 7-9)
Junior High is a period of rapid growth and change for every individual student. To meet the needs of all students, Prep offers a rich and varied educational experience . Since exceptional education begins with a firm foundation, Prep is proud of its challenging Junior High curriculum. The Junior High provides an environment in which each student develops the skills needed to progress in high school, college, and beyond. All Prep students are encouraged to perform at the highest level possible. Even though expectations are high, dedicated faculty assist and support students as they develop a strong work ethic and a sense of individual and social responsibility. Prep welcomes families who make education a priority.
Prep’s Junior High…
- Provides a high degree of structure at school
- Teachers provide two help sessions per week
- Teachers provide regular test days
- Encourages independent reading and study
- Promotes participation in extra-curricular activities, athletics, and community service
- Provides active support from teachers, counselors, and administrators
Facts About Prep’s Junior High
- Junior High Enrollment: Approximately 380
- School Hours: 8:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Core Academics: English, Social Studies, Science, Math
- Electives: Foreign Language , Choir, Band, Art, Drama, Computer, Newspaper, Biblical Studies, Speech, Debate
- Athletic Programs include Football, Basketball, Baseball, Track, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball, Weight Training, Fitness, Intramurals, and Swim Team.
- Extra-curricular Activities include Bible Studies, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Math Counts, Geography Bee, Spelling Bee, National Junior Honor Society, Chi Alpha Mu, Art Club, Spirit Dance Team, Cheerleading, and Pep Squad.