This is the Jackson Preparatory School College Counseling Office, the premiere college counseling program in the state of Mississippi. Our overarching goal is to provide the tools necessary to help students find the right “fit” in the steps they take following their tenure as students at Prep. In our work:
- We provide comprehensive college counseling support to every student and family in our school.
- We recognize that every individual’s hopes, dreams, and expectations are unique to them.
- We know that, though “success” may look different from person to person, all outcomes matter and are deserving of our respect, attention, and expertise.
- We acknowledge that this is a family endeavor; we work hard to engage and connect with all of the family members involved in the college search, selection, and funding process.
- We are responsible for maintaining a clear and comprehensive sense of both the regional and national landscape in college admissions on behalf of the families we serve.
- We will always maintain a fundamental regard for every student’s unique attributes, aptitudes, and abilities. We will endeavor, alongside our students, to bring those qualities to the fore to help them pursue their dreams.
- We are deeply aware of the numerous pressures that come with this journey and are committed to helping everyone maintain a positive and balanced perspective regardless of their concerns.
- We are professional educators committed to supporting our students, their families, and the greater Jackson Prep community in every way that we can.